LLMP Report 2015/16
The 1000 Islands Region Workforce Development Board analysed, interpreted and examined the most recent and relevant data from statistical sources and Employment Ontario Network client and program data.
The results of this process were then presented to the appropriate community stakeholders in a consultation forum. Using the data as a basis for discussion, issues/opportunities in the workforce and the Employment Ontario Network were identified and strategies to address them developed. These strategies are outlined in this report as action plans.
In The News:
- Labour Shortages - Myth or Reality?
- TOP 20 Jobs in Frontenac County by Occupation by Employed Labour Force - 2011
- Workopolis - The hottest jobs for 2016 – with and without a degree
- Why Are Canadian Women Leaving the Labour Force In Record Numbers?
- Millennials are now the biggest generation in the Canadian workforce
- Five trends that will shape the labour market landscape in Canada this year
- Forced out of a job at 52, Henry steers a new course as a shuttle driver
- National Household Survey: Retail clerk is Canada's most common job
- At these firms, inclusion and diversity matters
- Ontario budget 2013: Liberals to invest $295 million in jobs for youth
- Canada's Top 50 Jobs
- Emerging Green Jobs in Canada
- Where the most hiring will be by Canadian city over the next five years